One carte de visite half length portrait of a seated young man in a Civil War uniform, with hand-tinting. Backmark: "D. C. Bettison, / Photographer, / Main Street, below Second / Over Telegraph Office / Louisville, Ky." Inscribed: "F. A. S / 1864-1865 / A. A. Surgeon USA / Jefferson U. S. A. Gen. Hospital / Jeffersonville, Ind."
- Bettison, D.C. (Creator, Person)
- Cartes de visite Subject Source: Thesaurus For Graphic Materials
- Portrait photographs Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Portraits Subject Source: Source Not Specified
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Military personnel -- Photographs Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings