Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
During the early 1960s, Charles Castner produced a public affairs series called "Kentucky Profiles" for WHAS radio. Later, Castner, a longtime railroad history enthusiast, worked as a public relations and information officer for the L & N Railroad Company, subsequently the Seaboard Systems Railroad.
Audiotape of broadcast made during the 1937 flood of the Ohio River. Portions were made under the call letters WFBR (Baltimore), WSM (Nashville) and WHAS (Louisville). The broadcast consists primarily of emergency communications, directing emergency crews and supplies to various locations during the 1937 flood.
The collection contains TV show scripts for the Weekend Gardner from 1982-1986, clippings and obituaries related to Wiche, his bio file from WHAS and several short works of fiction he wrote.
- Collection 3
- Unprocessed Material 1
- Floods -- Kentucky -- Louisville 2
- Floods -- Ohio River 2
- Electric railroads -- Cars 1
- Gardeners -- Kentucky -- Louisville 1
- Indiana -- History 1
- Kentucky -- History 1
- Local transit -- Kentucky -- Louisville 1
- Louisville (Ky.) -- History 1
- Radio -- Kentucky -- Louisville 1
- Radio broadcasters -- Kentucky -- Louisville 1
- Radio stations -- Kentucky -- Louisville 1
- Railroads -- Kentucky 1
- Television broadcasting -- Kentucky -- Louisville 1 ∧ less