Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
ULSD / LCD University of Louisville School of Dentistry / Louisville College of Dentistry collection
Scope and Contents The Louisville College of Dentistry (LCD) was organized in 1886 as the Dental Department of the Central University of Richmond, KY. Its first session began with two faculty and eighteen students in January 1887 and graduated the first class of ten in June of that year. The first location was at the Hospital College of Medicine on Chestnut Street, near Preston. The school moved to the corner of Brook and Broadway in 1900, where it remained until 1970.The school remained...
Dates: 1886 - 1990
Collection — Multiple Containers
Brief Description of the Collection Administrative records and subject files for the Office of the Executive Vice President for Health Affairs. Records include correspondence, reports, and other materials related to the academic units on the Health Science Campus, Louisville area hospitals, and other medical organizations.