Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
These papers contain notes and working drafts of Davies's book, as well as his correspondence with professional and amateur botanists regarding Shortia galacifolia.
Series of the papers of Asa Gray, Harvard University Libraries.; Microfilm; Cambridge, Mass., Harvard University. 1 microfilm reel; 35 mm.
Handwritten book of notes taken in 1848. Includes notes on lectures by Daniel Drake, Samuel Gross, Henry Miller and Charles Wilkins Short. Some pages, dated 1854-55, have been removed, and appear to be listings of accounts due from patients.
Letters from Short to members of his family; letters to Short from relatives, including two letters, 1784, 1849, from his uncle, William Short (1759-1849), diplomat; and letters from other botanists, among them John Torrey (about fifteen letters, 1850-1860) and Asa Gray (about forty letters, 1849-1879). Also included are a few botanical drawings.
- Botanical illustration 2
- Botanists 2
- Botany 2
- Botanical gardens -- Great Britain 1
- Botanical specimens -- Collection and preservation 1
- Drake, Daniel, 1785-1852 1
- Gross, Samuel, 1749-1831 1
- Medicine -- Kentucky 1
- Medicine -- Ohio Valley 1
- Physicians 1
- Physicians -- Kentucky 1
- Railroads -- Finance 1
- Real property 1
- Teachers 1
- University of Louisville -- Faculty 1
- University of Louisville. School of Medicine -- Alumni and alumnae 1
- University of Louisville. School of Medicine -- Faculty 1 + ∧ less