Kosmosdale Oral History Project and Reunion records
Records of the Kosmosdale Oral History Project (KOHP), including recordings and minutes of the reunion meetings as well as commemorative reunion badges. The KOHP formed to preserve the history of Kosmosdale, a "company town" owned by Kosmos Portland Cement Company. While the workers' houses were destroyed in the early 1970s, the neighborhood is still known as Kosmosdale. Accession also includes a minute book dating to 1902 for the South Western Jefferson Commercial Club and log books from the Kosmosdale Towing Company, in particular for the boats "Kenova" and "King's Landing."
Collection is unprocessed and currently closed to researchers.
Donor retains copyright to material written by and directly attributed to him.
3. linear feet (2 records center boxes and 2 audiocassette boxes)
- Cement -- Kentucky Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Company towns -- Kentucky Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Kosmosdale (Ky.) Subject Source: Local
- Towboats -- Kentucky Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Baker, David L. (Person)