164 4 x 5 inch negatives; 100 loose prints; 81 composite prints. Urban Renewal Project, 1963; composite block fronts; Old Louisville. Item count is approximate. These original prints and negatives were taken by Charles Byrne for the Louisville urban renewal project. The photographs served as documentation of areas that were to be razed or otherwise developed. In many cases, the photographs are the only existing representations of these buildings. The photographs include urban renewal project areas in east downtown and west downtown Louisville, from Market Street south to Broadway and Fifteenth Street east to Jackson Street, the Southwick neighborhood, and the Louisville riverfront.The photographs document every lot and structure in over one thousand city blocks.
- circa 1963
- Byrne, Charles (Creator, Person)
345 photographs (2 boxes)
- Louisville (Ky.) -- Photographs Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Negatives Subject Source: Thesaurus For Graphic Materials
- Photographs Subject Source: Tgm (For Genre/Format Terms)
- Urban renewal -- Kentucky -- Louisville -- Photographs Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings