Steve Plattner Pittsburgh Photographic Library papers
Material relating to Steve Plattner’s research of the Pittsburgh Photographic Library (PPL) (a photo documentary project that was begun in 1950 with Roy Stryker as director), used for the book "Witness to the Fifties: The Pittsburgh Photographic Library, 1950-1953," published in 1999. Includes transcripts of interviews with photographers James Blair, Elliott Erwitt, Clyde Hare, Regina Fisher, Richard Saunders, and other research notes. Also includes 170 11x14 inch gelatin silver prints (with many duplicate images), of photos from the PPL project that were made for the book.
Copyright has been transferred to the University of Louisville; please consult a reference archivist for more information.
- 1950s, 1983-1985
- Plattner, Steven W. (Steven Wright), 1953- (Creator, Person)
1.5 linear feet (1 manuscript box, 1 11x14 inch flat print box)
- Documentary photography Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Documentary photography -- Pennsylvania -- Pittsburgh Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Pittsburgh (Pa.) Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Plattner, Steven W. (Steven Wright), 1953-
- Stryker, Roy Emerson, 1893-1975