Entire Series: Series V. contains correspondence, contracts, photographs, architectural drawings, and deeds related to the building and additions to the original building housing the Speed Art Museum. The original structure was designed by Arthur Loomis and completed in 1927. In 1954, the Satterwhite Wing was erected to house the donation of Preston Pope Satterwhite. Additions were also constructed in 1971 and 1984 and a parking garage built in 1996 after a major donation from Alice Speed Stoll. Architectural drawings include a group of original drawings by Arthur Loomis and drawings by subsequent architects Nevin & Morgan, Robert Geddes and Peter Rose as well as contractors. Binder of cancelled checks were separated and shredded.
- Brenner, Danforth, Rockwell (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is available to researchers.
Entire Series: 3.1 linear feet (2 records center boxes; 1 manuscript box; 1 flat folder)
Elevation. 1 sheets.