This collection is four linear feet and includes copies of by-laws, financial records, minutes, correspondence, reports, and scrapbooks from 1952 through 1998 which document the activities of the Oak Park Woman's Club, located in Jeffersonville, Indiana.
The materials are in English.
Copyright has not been transferred to the University of Louisville Archives and Records Center.
4 linear feet (1 records center box, scrapbooks and loose materials)
The Oak Park Woman's Club was founded in 1953 as a neighborhood women's organization in Jeffersonville, Indiana, with the purpose of bringing together women of the community to help each other and promote the welfare of the local area. The group, which met monthly, initially met in each other's homes, then at various public buildings in the area. The members worked on civic and social issues, holding fundraisers such as rummage sales, card parties, and an annual Christmas bazaar and auction. Money raised was distributed to charitable organizations and used to fund scholarships in southern Indiana. It appears that the group disbanded in 1998.