Records of the Louisville (Ky) Chapter of The Links, Inc., a national women's service and social organization. Included are meeting minutes, financial reports, and material that documents The Louisville Links' programming, social events, and related work. The latter includes announcements, invitations, and photographs, as well as information on the planning process for some projects and events. The Louisville chapter hosted the 29th National Assembly in 1994, and there is substantial information on the work involved. Information on celebrations of the chapter's 50th, 60th and 65th anniversaries is also included. The collection includes records on membership, including induction programs, material relating to taking alumna status, and rosters. Photographs document people and events over the years, with more recent years being somewhat better represented.
6.125 linear feet (2 records center boxes, 2 manuscript boxes, and 7 flat boxes)
The Louisville Chapter (KY) of The Links, Incorporated was chartered on October 13, 1951 becoming the 43rd chapter of the national organization. The Links, Inc.'s programming focuses on five facets: National Trends and Services, The Arts, Services to Youth, International Trends and Services, and Health and Human Services. Programming includes educational events for the community, economic development, public policy campaigns, and arts-focused events. The chapter has partnered with and raised money for many local organizations, all in an effort to strengthen the community.
Several large historical displays documenting the founders of the chapter and the decades of the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s, were received as part of the collection. These were dismantled in order to preserve the photographs. A photograph was taken of each board prior to dismantling, and labels were transcribed. Photographs that could not be completely removed from the foam core backing were scanned and the foam core was cut down as far as possible before they were rehoused into acid-free folders and boxes.
Part of the University of Louisville Archives and Special Collections Repository