The school's records include minutes, financial documents, legal files, and exhibition catalogs. Additional series include photographs and scrapbooks. There are also reports for the Louisville Handicraft Guild (1914-1929), the Louisville Art Association (1909-1942), the Art Center (1929-1942), the Art Center Association (1942-1975), and the Louisville School of Art (1968-1981).
The school, originally the Art Center School, was founded by the Louisville Handicraft Guild (later the Art Center of Louisville). Its founders merged with the Louisville Art Association in 1942. The Art Center School changed its name to the Louisville School of Art in 1968. The school continued until 1983 when it closed and was absorbed by the University of Louisville.
Type of reproduction: Scrapbooks on microfilm. Place of reproduction--Louisville, Ky. Agency responsible for reproduction--University Archives and Records Center. Date of reproduction--1988.
Louisville School of Art records, 1984_004-UA. University of Louisville Archives and Special Collections. https://archivescatalog.library.louisville.edu/repositories/2/resources/327 Accessed December 04, 2020.