Skip to main content

Louisville Cardinal newspapers

 Collection
Identifier: 1973_530-UA

Dates

  • 1926-2019

Creator

Extent

13.875 linear feet (37 flats)

96.7 Megabytes (138 digital files)

Biographical / Historical

The first undergraduate newspaper was called the Cardinal News and ran from September 24, 1926 until June 3, 1927. Its successor, the U of L News, ran from 1928 until 1930. The Cardinal started in 1932 and became the Louisville Cardinal in 1966 and currently operates as an independent student newspaper with a strong web presence. Since 2017, articles published solely online during summer sessions have been saved electronically.

Creator

Title
Louisville Cardinal newspapers
Date
2019
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
Undetermined
Script of description
Code for undetermined script
Language of description note
Finding aid is in English.

Repository Details

Part of the University of Louisville Archives and Special Collections Repository

Contact:
Ekstrom Library, Lower Level Room 17
Louisville KY 40292
502 852-6752
502 852-6673 (Fax)