This small body of reports and bulletins was gathered from multiple sources into an artificial collection. The most valuable item is a set of annual reports from 1873 to 1877. All of the rest date from 1960s, with the latest from 1967.
Central State Hospital is a 192-bed adult psychiatric hospital located in eastern Louisville-Jefferson County, Kentucky. In 1869, 200 acres were purchased by the Kentucky State Legislature to establish a "State House of Reform for Juvenile Delinquents." In 1873, due to overcrowding at both of Kentucky's mental hospitals, the House of Reform was converted into the Fourth Kentucky Lunatic Asylum, with Dr. C.C. Forbes as its first Superintendent. The following year an act of the legislature renamed it the Central Kentucky Lunatic Asylum. By 1900, its official name had been changed to the Central Kentucky Asylum for the Insane. By 1912 it was known as Central State Hospital.