These materials relating to the Louisville General Hospital School of Nursing were donated by Henninger, a 1922 graduate and faculty member from 1922 to 1957. They include addresses, histories, student notes, course outlines, a procedures manual, and nursing and medical illustrations. There are also inspirational writings, various documents, a log of activity from 1968 to 1975, and a set of dolls dressed in uniforms reflecting the changing styles over the eighty-year existence of the Louisville General Hospital School of Nursing.
Open to researchers
2.75 linear feet
Edna B. Henninger was born in Breckinridge County, Kentucky, the daughter of John T. and Sallie Butler Henninger. Miss Henninger was a Breckinridge County school teacher when she entered the nursing program in 1919, then called the Louisville City Hospital Training School. She graduated in 1922, then joined the faculty, serving in several capacities including assistant director. When she resigned from the school in 1957, the nurses’ residence hall was named in her honor. She also earned a BS from Nazareth College during the 1930s. She was named assistant dean of the short-lived University of Louisville School of Nursing in 1952.
No online items. Must visit contributing institution.