This collection contains the constitution and by-laws of the organization along with minutes and some financial information from 1894 to 1903. There is a club photograph, probably from 1894. There is also a history of the club and a poem about it written sometime after 1903. Members in the photograph are: Hugh Nelson Leavell, 1873-1924 Charles H. Stine, 1862-1942 Oscar E. Bloch, Sr., 1871-1951 Peter Sebastian Ganz, 1861-1916 Benjamin Carlos Frazier, 1864-1928 William K. Turner, 1870-1935 John J. Moren, 1871-1948 William August Keller, 1867-1927 William P. Banta, 1873-1966 William V. Laws, 1877-1939 William P. Schwartz, 1862-1925 John K. Freeman, 1867-1940 Gavin Fulton, 1873-1953 James Tolbert Windell, 1865-1943 Crittenden Joyes, 1870-1941
.25 linear foot
Founded as the Metropolitan Medical Society of Kentucky in 1894, the organization’s purpose was to elevate medical science and promote research among its members. It was open to Louisville physicians who graduated from medical school after 1892. By the ninth meeting, the name of the organization was changed to Practitioners Club of Louisville. Meetings consisted of case reports presented by the members, followed by discussion.