In 1922 Henry H. Turner took this collection of photos of the School of Medicine and the Louisville General Hospital. The collection consists of lantern slides, glass negatives and prints.
.5 linear foot
Henry Turner was born in Illinois in 1892. He attended St. Louis University in Missouri, earning his premedical and undergraduate degrees in 1918. He completed a postgraduate externship at St. John’s Hospital in St. Louis in 1918. He then attended St. Louis University School of Medicine before transferring to the University of Louisville, where he graduated with his MD in 1921. He served an internship at Louisville City Hospital as the house officer in medicine from 1921-1922. From 1922-1924, he served as Chief Medical Resident at LCH. In 1924 he relocated to Oklahoma City, where he started a private practice and was affiliated with the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, where he continued his career until 1966 when he was named Clinical Professor Emeritus upon his retirement.