Skip to main content

Iroquois Civic Club Records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: 1990_015-UA
Records include constitution and bylaws or the organization, minutes from 1970 to 1987, financial documents from 1945-1974, correspondence, treasurers' records, publications, and news clippings.

Dates

  • 1945-1988

Creator

Conditions Governing Use

Copyright has been transferred to the University of Louisville and there are no additional restrictions.

Extent

3.5 linear feet (4 manuscript boxes, 1 half-manuscript box, 1 records center box)

Organizational history

The Iroquois Civic Club (ICC), founded in 1945, is a south Louisville community organization. Members are property owners, both business and residential, who live within the Louisville area bounded by the L & N railroad tracks, Manslick Road and Woodlawn Avenue. The club holds monthly meetings to discuss area concerns and often hear a speaker from local government or the business community.

The association's purpose is to maintain a pleasant community in which its residents can live, work, and play. The club works to promote the interests of its area's citizens by bringing their views to the attention of various municipal authorities. Some of the community projects the ICC has taken an interest in included law and order, zoning, drainage, parts, traffic and road improvements. By involving itself with area development, the club is able to ensure that community residents' suggestions and concerns are addressed.

Related Material

91-109, John E. Ryan Papers

Creator

Title
Iroquois Civic Club Records
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding aid is in English.

Repository Details

Part of the University of Louisville Archives and Special Collections Repository

Contact:
Ekstrom Library, Lower Level Room 17
Louisville KY 40292
502 852-6752
502 852-6673 (Fax)