This collection combines the reports and papers of the federation of Jewish Charities of Louisville from 1909 to 1910 and 1912 to 1914 with correspondence and other records generated by the Jewish Community Federation. The later organization was founded in 1934 to unify local Jewish groups into one organization. The group sought to assist fleeing German Jews in the 1930s and urged the creation of a Palestinian homeland in addition to promoting Jewish life and culture in the United States. This collection includes legal briefs written for B'nai B'rith from 1946 to 1979 and newsletters for the Jewish Community Center and Four Courts, a Louisville retirement center.
Open to researchers
The copyright interests in the Jewish Community Federation Collection have not been transferred to the University of Louisville.
20 linear feet