13.875 linear feet (37 flats)
441 Megabytes (437 digital files)
The first undergraduate newspaper was called the Cardinal News and ran from September 24, 1926 until June 3, 1927. Its successor, the U of L News, ran from 1928 until 1930. The Cardinal started in 1932 and became the Louisville Cardinal in 1966. It currently operates as an independent student newspaper with a strong web presence. Since 2017, articles published solely online during summer sessions have been saved electronically. In 2020, the newspaper ceased printing paper issues and are available through Archive-It.
Part of the University of Louisville Archives and Special Collections Repository