Holdings for 1951-1980 are nearly complete, with a few missing issues. For the years 1950 and 1981-1984, holdings are intermittent. 20 bound volumes, 4 bound volumes, 5 boxes (3 manuscript boxes, 2 half-manuscript boxes).
Louisville Magazine was founded in March 1950 as a quarterly publication of the newly formed Louisville Chamber of Commerce. Early on, focus was on business and economic development news; later it was broadened to include community issues. Starting in 1971, it was underwritten by the Louisville Development Committee as part of a major economic development campaign with national newspaper ads and the use of the magazine as a city promotional tool. In 1993 the Chamber of Commerce sold the magazine to Dan Crrutcher and continued to supply copies to Greater Louisville, Inc., successor to the Chamber of Commerce. Editors have included: Glenn Ramsey, George H. Miller, Helen G. Henry, Betty Lou Amster, James Oppel, and Dan Crutcher.