This collection consists of one ledger that includes a list of dues paid during 1917 and 1918, members heard from in regards to dues, resignations, deaths, members who they were unable to contact or cannot find, leaves of absences, and a list of members by state.
In 1875 the Tri-State Medical Society was organized at Vincennes, Ind. and composed of physicians in Indiana, Kentucky, and Illinois; later its membership was expanded until at the Indianapolis meeting in 1883 the name of the society was changed to the Mississippi Valley Medical Association. The organization published yearly Transactions of their annual meeting, and a journal under at least two different titles. Many Louisville physicians were active members and many served on the board of trustees.