This collection contains the records of the Muldraugh Hill Medical Society. They include the minutes, financial statements, programs, receipts, testimonials, case reports and correspondence dating from 1914 to 1959.
The copyright interests in the Muldraugh Hill Medical Society Records have not been transferred to the University of Louisville.
.75 linear feet (1 half-manuscript box; 1 manuscript box)
The Muldraugh Hill Medical Society was formed around 1890 with a written constitution dating from 1914. Its purpose was to serve the medical profession in the largely rural Kentucky counties of Hardin, Meade, Breckinridge, Grayson, Hart, Green, Larue, Taylor, Marion, Nelson, Bullitt, and Jefferson. The society seems to have remained fairly active into the 1940s and then experienced a declining membership until the late 1950s. This collection contains the records of the Muldraugh Hill Medical Society including minutes, financial statements, programs, receipts, testimonials, case reports, and correspondence from 1914 through 1959.
The papers contained in box #1 were removed from a bound binder and have been retained in their original order. The original order does not strictly follow chronological order, some undated and out of order papers have necessitated the need for the papers to remain in original order to allow the researcher an opportunity to draw his own conclusions as to the correct sequence.