Included in the Louisville Odontological Society/The Philological Society records are minutes, membership rosters, a constitution and bylaws, financial documents, and reports on papers delivered at society meetings. The records also include a "History of the Philological Society," by Raymond E. Myers. Additional records realted to the Society are located at the Kornhauser Health Sciences Library.
The copyright interests have not been transferred to the University of Louisville.
0.75 linear feet (1 manuscript and 1 half-manuscript box)
The Louisville Odontological Society/The Philological Society was originally organized as the Louisville Odontological Society in 1895 by a group of local dentists. Essays on dental subjects were delivered at the meetings, which also offered the dentists an opportunity to gather, enjoy fellowship, and discuss noteworthy cases. The organization changed its name to the Philological Society in 1913. The new name reflected the broadening of interests to literary and scientific topics, but the group retained its dental membership. Specific dental and dental education topics remained an interest. Membership was originally limited to twelve dentists.
Part of the University of Louisville Archives and Special Collections Repository