Wilson's papers document his teaching career including publications of the Kentucky Negro Education Association and the Kentucky Teachers Association, reports of the Kentucky Commission on Human Rights, and correspondence and audits for the Red Cross Hospital in Louisville dating from 1965 to 1970.
Copyright has been transferred to the University of Louisville, with the exception of the literary property in the collection. Rights to that property were retained by the donor.
2.75 linear feet
African American educator George D. Wilson served as dean of the West Kentucky Industrial College in 1930. He was professor of education at Louisville Municipal College from 1934 until its closing in 1951. He then became professor and head of the department of education at Kentucky State College (now Kentucky State University), holding these posts until 1964. He retired in 1965.
Part of the University of Louisville Archives and Special Collections Repository