Includes the Zeta Kappa Lyre, May 1-20, 1967 (volume 1, no. 2) and Sept.-Oct. 1967 (volume 2, no. 1) and "A short history of Zeta Kappa of Phi Mu Alpha," produced as a special edition of the Lyre (volume 2, no. 2). The history was written "in commemoration of the chapter's fifteenth anniversary."
History: According to its "Short history," U of L's local chapter of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia began as the Delta Alpha Fraternity, formed by a group of male music students in 1940. The "Delta" and "Alpha" stand for Dwight Anderson, long-time dean of the School of Music. The fraternity was active until 1943, giving musical performances around the city, but went dormant in light of World War II. In 1951 the chapter was reactivated and in 1952 the local group petitioned Phi Mu Alpha for a chapter charter. In May 1952, Delta Alpha became the Zeta Kappa chapter of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia.